Stefanie M. Deters
Ms. Deters is the founder of the law firm of Deters Law, LLC, and is committed to assisting clients achieve their estate and wealth transfer goals through purposeful planning.
She enjoys collaborating with her clients’ other advisors, including accountants, investment advisors, insurance professionals and financial planners to achieve optimum estate, tax and financial goals.
Prior to founding Deters Law, LLC, Ms. Deters was an attorney with Goodspeed & Merrill and an associate in the private client services group at Holme Roberts & Owen, LLP (now Bryan Cave).
Ms. Deters resides in Erie, Colorado. When she is not spending time with her husband, son and daughter, she enjoys reading and traveling.
- B.A. University of Wyoming (2001)
- J.D. University of Wyoming (2004)
- LLM Taxation, University of Denver (2005)
Admissions & Associations
- Colorado Bar (2005)
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Trust and Estate Section of the Colorado Bar
- Erie Chamber of Commerce
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- Trust and estate administration of estates valued over $20 million
- Design and implement estate plans contemplating wealth transfer ranging from $1 million- $200 million
- “Roth Conversions- To Convert or Not Convert” - Women’s Estate Planning Council, August, 2010.
- “Estate Tax Update” - Holme Roberts & Owen Annual Accountants Tax Seminar, Denver and Salt Lake City, October, 2010.